Friday 27 September 2013

Stoptober Day 19 - Birmingham - Paul Hardcastle - 19

'
Birmingham
Nininininininininin Nineteen, 19, Ni-nineteen 19' - Hardcastle


Well, what else would you expect me to choose! 

We've had another B E A U T I F U L day out on the roads of Birmingham and Peterborough today. I've renamed it the British Riviera as it's been simply Mediterranean in sun and temperatures with the bonus of some wonderful autumnal colours provided by the trees right now. ahhh...

I feel a poem coming on! It's all this extra oxygen I'm getting and it's bound to have some effect I'm sure. I have spent a long time today, trying to decide which out of 'Live Herald', 'Bursting Out' and 'What do you want from Live' was the best live album of 1978/9 and I'm favouring The Mighty Tull right now but things might still change... thing is I had to get some more music today as I'm now thru my entire extensive rock catalogue and these did the trick nicely.

Anyway all this running has helped my fitness loads so far and I spent a long time today at 99bpm running, which is active recovery according to Map-my-Run statistics. It won't be that low tomorrow as I'm doing parkrun again and I'm going to see just how fast my legs can do 5km (3.11miles) after 532 miles of slow training.

How are my legs and feet? - well they are just dandy actually, although I will soon have to change into another pair of Brooks GTS as my current ones are feeling mildly destroyed now. Shame as I really like them especially as they are properly worn in and the laces are finally at perfect tension!

There will be more tomorrow and I have my good friend Chris Whistler coming to run with me and carry my pack (only joking Chris). So I'm looking forward to seeing him and his wife Wendy who is also parkrunning for the first time. No pressure there then.

So I'll see them and blog to you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment