Thursday 26 September 2013

Stoptober Day 18 - Stoke - Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer


'I've kicked the habit' - Peter (the Amazing) Gabriel 

Well it's been another good day of #Stoptobering out there in Stoke today and the running was nice and easy if not bitty in places.

It all takes time you see and we stopped in in High Onn last night, which if you go there is still pre-decimalisation and was many furlongs and chains from where we needed to be in Stoke-on-Trent, so it took ages for me to finally hit the road this morning.

After a quick run down Porthill Bank (of Potteries Marathon Fame), we did a photocall at Sandyford Fire Station before hitting the #Stoptober roadshow in the centre of Stoke itself.

The crowds were busy in the city centre and it's some years since I've been there, therefore the A34 took a bit of finding so I could head south towards Birmingham. The roads also lacked pavement in places which made it quite a hairy ride.

It didn't seem to cause me much trouble though and I eventually got my 18th consecutive ultra completed ready for an overnight stop at the 5 Star Caravan Club site at Wythall in Worcestershire... my word we get around.

Lastly, congratulations are in order for Jenny's Brother Mark and Wife Catrin, who are celebrating the birth of their daughter Gwenllian Eleri, a bouncing 8.5lbs and an amazing 18 points on a scrabble board :-)

More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment