Thursday 12 September 2013

Stoptober Day 4 - Hung Up - Madonna

#Stoptober at YCCC
'Those who run seem to have all the fun' - Madonna, Price, Andersson & Ulvaeus



It was Leeds turn today for the #Stoptober treatment and following our 5am start, I was soon out on the road covering my first seven mile loop.


If you look at the route I took, you might think that my internal gyroscope had gone haywire as I did a lot of running in all directions trying to find he best way to Elland Road and the Leeds United Football Club ground. I did find it a did a lap before heading back to our Motorhome Base by the Market in the City Centre.

As I wrote yesterday, it takes a leap of faith every time I take that first step on one of these 28 milers BUT I'm treating it like a job (the best job ever btw) and I'm just loving the ever changing scenery and the people I'm meeting along the way.

My trip into Yorkshire Cricket Ground was certainly the highlight of the day and Leeds is a vibrant city, especially when you see it come awake like I did this morning.

Tomorrow, I'm heading from my parents house in Doncaster where we've stopped tonight and start my day running to Barnsley Football Club in the morning. That will get the first half of the day out of the way, so more then.


No comments:

Post a Comment