Tuesday 12 January 2016

Domino - Genesis

Lyric:- 'Do you know what you've begun?' - Banks, Collins & Rutherford

Song Choice:- If you know me very at all, you'll know I'm more of a Gabriel Genesis kinda fan but this 1986 track has to be one of their best songs from the post apocalypse Collins vocals era in my opinion.

Pitched right at the top of Collins vocal range (in later years he sang it much lower), the 1992 Knebworth version is probably the best of the lot on YouTube and have a listen here to see what I'm on about. It has some great lyrics including the above line as well as some great concert visuals too, which were pretty high tech twenty years ago. 

Now the thing I'm interested in here is the 'Domino Effect' that Collins sing about. I see it as one set of actions and circumstances causing a ripple of further reactions that can turn out to be real life changers...

It's my A+B+C+D=E equation, I've written about before in my blog and I'm sure if you think about it, I bet you could find lots of such examples in your life, where one pivotal moment has changed after meeting someone or doing something has dramatically you creating a fresh life path.

I see a dramatic Domino Effect on folk I coach in the gym and again when they take on 250kms of Sahara Sand. Ask anyone who's ever been made redundant if they are cheesed off years after getting the push and they'll probably all say it was the best thing that ever happened to them. It's the same when folk go booze-free, life takes on a whole new meaning.

Twelve days into #DryJanuary hopefully your Dominoes are already starting to cause a chain reaction in you and your momentum is starting to build...

The song says it all and the choice is yours so make sure 'You're the next in Line' - more tomorrow.

Rory Coleman - 955 Marathons - 238 Ultras - 12 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8042 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment