Saturday 2 January 2016

Funplex - B52's

#DryJanuary - Day 2 - Message
Lyric:- I'm a pleasure seeker shoppin' for a new distraction.

Song Choice:- I just LOVE this song from the B52s. Not musically perfect by any stretch but just good clean FUN as it should be on a month long stint off the booze...

It's got that line in it about being a pleasure seeker and we are spend our lives doing just that. We all have something that we're nuts about, collect or do. Our human nature has a lot to answer for about what turns us on in our lives.

It becomes a big problem though when obsession becomes an addiction, as in my case where I used alcohol to dumb down my dopamine which nearly cost me my life all those years ago.

Why on earth I wanted to do that I'll never know. It's funny how badly we can lead our lives until one day we wake up and see the light. Are you living in darkness?

Knocking back a bottle of wine or a four pack of Stella (x2 or even x3 in some of the cases I come across) is just so debilitating both on mind AND body and pickles ones creativity. It buggered mine up for years...

Now if you are going straight, it's that creativity that's going to come back to you now in the days and months ahead. Being free and straight from booze will drive you onto a lifetime of positive experiences that makes everyday a trip to the 'Funplex'.

Do you need some fun back in your life?

Rory Coleman - 952 Marathons - 238 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8032 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment