Sunday 17 January 2016

Rocket - Def Leppard

Lyric:- 'I can take you thru the centre of the dark' - Elliott, Collen, Clark, Savage & Lange


Song Choice:- Well here's an uplifting number for a Sunday from the Sheffield Rockers from 1989! They were always one of my favoured bands although I didn't ever bother to go and see them as Joe Elliot, I thought, was always a trifle flat live. Anyway some genial work from producer Robert 'Mutt' Lange pitched him a little higher and  produced the vinyl magic which sounds a little ACDC and Shania in places as he produced for them too, anyway that's my Qi done for the day...and on with the blog.

So what about the Rocket?

Well with 17/31 days of #DryJanuary complete and just 14 to go, I just wonder how much fuel is still left in your tank to keep you up in 'Sobriety Orbit'? You see it's far too easy to blow all your pent up enthusiasm on the launch pad, especially if those around you are grabbing at your heels holding you back. Most of your energy is spent clearing the launch pad and now you're in orbit, please look down at the world below you and consider where you're going and where you've come from.

My questions for you are:- Are you just going to escape your world for a low level orbit to return back to your old world of booze? or, are you going to keep on travelling out into space, into an ever expanding universe ready to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations and to boldly go where no alcohol is ever needed again?

I'm just passing by Pluto and out of our Galaxy into a whole new world, are you?

More tomorrow.

Also, my blog is up for the National Adventure Awards, so please vote for me here

Rory Coleman - 956 Marathons - 239 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8047 Days' Alcohol Free.

Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment