Friday 29 January 2016

Heaven and Hell - Sabbath

Lyric:- 'Throw me a penny and I'll make you a dream' - Butler, Dio, Iommi & Ward

Song Choice:- I love a bit of Black Sabbath when I'm running and this track from the 1980 album of the same name is still so fresh with some amazing singing from the legendary Ronnie James Dio. Take a look here.

Anyway, over my last two days of Marathon des Sables Marathon Training, I've been reminded just how difficult it can be for some folk to get through their time on Planet Earth and yet have retained a very calm and warm outlook on life. A real 'Heaven and Hell' of an existence. Then again, I think it might be for all of us and that's why we get this urge to run across deserts and give ourselves a proverbial kick up the arse to get rid of the old and bring in the new.

I'll find out if my theory has any weight to it today with another 26.2 miles around the block with yet another MdS Wannabe and I will report back on my findings...

All you need to do is to 'Throw me a Penny and I'll make you a dream'.

Also, my blog is up for the National Adventure Awards, so please vote for me here 

Rory Coleman - 960 Marathons - 239 Ultras

12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8059 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment